Methode’s Eddy Current Technology is contactless and not influenced by external magnetic fields, making it the ideal solution for in-cockpit safety critical applications, such as brake pedal sensors. As there is also no use of permeant magnets, there is no risk of metallic particles or objects that can corrupt the sensors’ function.
Features of Methode’s Pedal Travel Sensors are:
- Continuous pedal travel measurement
- Discrete and analog outputs
- Metal flag (aluminum or steel) hovers over Eddy current sensor
- Adaptive learning (built-in self-diagnostics)
- Dynamic electronic calibration and dynamic analytic self-diagnostics