TRANSMISSION/CVT TORQUE SENSORS
Today’s transmissions are controlled by calculated or estimated engine torque. Methode’s contactless torque sensing technology allows for a measurement directly at the transmission input or output. Advantages of such a measurement in a vehicle include:
- Reduced dependencies on calculated torque values making for a better shift quality and dynamics resulting in less clutch wear and reduced vehicle jerk.
- Improved efficiency and range.
- Predictive maintenance, misuse and overload detection.
- More robust adaptation algorithms.
- Individual vehicle optimization.
- Engine torque control.
Methode has completed key lifetime in vehicle testing, proving that even after 480,000 miles, the sensors accuracy will not deviate more than +/- 1%.
Other application possibilities:
- ELECTRICAL POWER STEERING (EPS)
- HYBRID POWERTRAIN